Saturday, April 23, 2011

Easter

Hey, Hooray!  Tomorrow is Easter!  Another reason to celebrate the life and mission of Jesus Christ!  After church, DH and I will head over to our kiddos` and our grand  kiddo`s  place to celebrate with a dinner.  DH will be making some of his awesome mashed potatoes.  So there goes my diabetic control.   Mashed potatoes and cheese are hard to resist.  No, I won’t be making my grandson any cookies this year.  I love him far too much to poison him with sugar.  I want health and strength to be with him for life, and surely no beguiling treat will tempt him from my kitchen.  But there is hope on the horizon!  A new product has been developed made from beans and flax seeds that will play no tricks on your blood sugar.  These things are called “Beanitoes” and are made in San Antonio.  A Texas solution!  And they are so good!
So, please join me raising my voice in praises to my Savior.  For all the good that has touched our lives, for each other.   Happy Easter!
Eggs boil in the sun oven, water free, in less than three hours!

1 comment:

  1. Mary-Yesterday was wonderful (Yeah, Easter), in all its reverence for our Lord, Jesus Christ. At our house, my college kids celebrate a little differently, though, and probably not reverently. :D Anyway, wanted to share our "peep" hunting w/ you. (They seriously do not like peeps, you know those marshmallow bunnies, all coated in pink or yellow sugar?) Well, here, we buy them, hide them, and hunt them w/ pellet guns. Yesterday it was taken to extremes, too. We hunted them (on foot, and in the jeep). We floated them on boats in the fish tank and yelled "Man, overboard" when they fell off. They were eaten by dinosaurs, run over by locomotives, and... well, you get the idea. It was jolly here, and full of family fun and silliness. I hope your day w/ family was tremendously wonderful, too.

    ReplyDelete