Wednesday, April 13, 2011

again I try...

I have a food supply, to meet our needs should an emergency arise.  I am wriring this as a teaching tool so that my daughters can benefit from the knowlege I gain about how to use all this stuff point by point and as simply as I can say. My kids are sharp but what would become of them if I gave them a bag of wheat, whole and healthful and told them to make breakfast.  And then if the electricity went off... would they know how to use my solar oven?  I don't even know that!  So I will learn and post step by step and share as I learn.
     OK, Kids....

This blogging stuff will take some time to perfect.  Please be patient with me. Yesterday, I put  some water in the solar oven.  It heated up to about 250 degrees.  Great!  We put it in for about four hours(quite long).  It shouldn't take so long but that is how long I left it.  Nothing burned...nothing boiled over--hey it is a solar oven. I asked my DH(darling husband) to combine the cup of soaking wheat after draining it and two cups solar heated water in a thermos and let it sit overnight. It would be ready to eat.  Simple n'est pas?

No comments:

Post a Comment