Sunday, May 1, 2011

Royal Wedding

This week thirty years ago I rented a television and woke my eldest daughter and pulled her into bed with me to watch the wedding of the century of England’s Charles and Diana…a real princess and a real future King.  There were skies full of fireworks and sparkles lit my little girl`s eyes.  “Oh Mommy, will my wedding be this beautiful?  “Oh yes,” I gushed, and even more so.”  For how could a Temple wedding with eternal vows be anything but the best and most beautiful?
Just two days ago my two eldest girls came to waken me in time to turn on the TV (yes, we now own a television) to see the royal wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton.  Such pomp and riches!  Such glory.  They stayed all night and we watched it together. Once again.my daughters, I PROMISE you that your weddings will be lacking nothing not even the fireworks in the sky.  All you need to do is to follow the Lord’s path ….Marry in the right place to a man who loves God even more than he loves you.

2 comments:

  1. It sure was fun. I can't believe we watched the wedding in the middle of the night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was there too!! I still remember the 2 or 3 am time, and the words the priest spoke about the importance of marriage and trying to make it good by being good to the other. It's too bad Charles had something else in mind! Love you Mary, and hope you are doing well. Paul's cousin and husb. are moving to Texas (I forgot the town's name, but it is south-east of Dallas). We will probably go out to see them at some point, and I will definately take time to see you!!!

    ReplyDelete