Sunday, September 4, 2011

Raw Carob Date Cookies- see, I meant it!!!

Today is Sunday/ September 4.  I rejoice to see the eat top out at a mere 96 degrees.  forgive,if you will that I spend so much time on the weather,but it really does seem like a life and death affair here when the heat is so exteme.  I was able to attend church without crying out in pain while touching the outside of the car--which is necessary for me to maintain balance when I get in.  But 96 is doable!  So today we will talk about 
                                              ~dehydraed cookies.-                                                                                Tale a  cup shredded, unsweetened coconut.  Add 5 or 6 pitted, medjool dates (mmmmm) and 1/2 C powdered carob.  Place in food processer.   Take a medium sized orange and zest the  skin with a citrus zester.  Put 1 tsp zest in with it all.(adds great flavor!)  Then juice the orange and add every little drop of juice you can get out of that bad boy or abou 1/2 cup, Whirl until mixed,dates are choppd, and everything is  is incorported.  Form into little patties (cookies) and place on mesh dehydrator sheet and dehydrate  a few hours until dry.  No white flour, no sugar  but lots of sweet flavor. 
Yeah. I know, thay just ain't the same But try them anyway, NOT BAD!!!!!!

I can blog more often than monthly as I now have access to a regular keyboard, rather than that minescule  one I have been dealing with.   Hooraw!  Happy Birthday, DH  I love you soooooo much!
    
Soon I will tell you how to make high protien-good-for-you, raw, crunchy chips you can dig in a dip and eat until you're full.   No kiddin, they are good for you, especially if you are diabetic!

No comments:

Post a Comment