Thursday, August 4, 2011

Ooh! It really hurts!!!

It's bad enough not to be able to get around but this gout is excruciating.  Yes  my DH took me to Golden Corral where I ATE JUST THREE TINY PORK RIBS and some chicken...mmm.  Never again!  I knew there was a good reason for my interest in vegetarianism!!!  
Later as I related my tale of woe to a dear elder brother and thanked DH for bringing the portable potty closer to my bed I learned once again to be thankful for my blessings.  I seems that my brother has been forced to get around on his hands and knees!  It has been a long several weeks but the pain is leaving our gout ridden limbs and the swelling is leaving too.  What will I find to complain about next?  Oh yeah!  Boy is it hot!!  We Are  breaking records here daily and ae losing our cool and our looong patience.  We must learn to make ice cream.  Mom and Daddy used to do that but I haven't yet.  Guess I have more work to do.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mary, I lost the address to your blog but just found it today (yeah!) this entry about the gout has me curious: where does it hurt, and where did it start in you? Just asking because I have a swollen, painful toe joint (and of course I forget to ask the doctor about it every time I'm in to see him!!) Did you have a good Thanksgiving? I hope so!! Love Helen

    ReplyDelete